A network of Pastors and Ministry Couples. Blended Souls is a gathering of "sista's" and "brotha's", from various Christian denominations, ages, economic and ethnic backgrounds. Our goal is to purposefully make an impact for change in the world by promoting unity, opportunities for ministry couples to network, and exchange ideas so that our churches can partner together within our communities. We strive to reach out to women and men from every tongue, tribe and nation!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Time to Unite!!!!!


At the start of the year I stated that the theme for Blended Souls would be Unity. Over the last few weeks I have spent time fasting and praying in part because I needed to work through some things and in big part because I wanted guidance from God on where to take us with this ministry.

When I first started Blended Souls I was looking for a way to connect with other pastor wives in my community. But even then I knew I wanted to be intentional about connecting with women of different denominations, ages, ethnic, and economic backgrounds. Since I know the importance of prayer I asked some of my friends who had a heart for this ministry if they would come on board as prayer partners. I never want to do anything related to Blended Souls without praying first nor do I want to do this ministry alone. I'm grateful for a team of women who are willing to step out on faith and not just pray for me but who are willing to stand beside me.

What I didn't know was that God had a bigger and better plan (isn't that always the case). After Alida and Celina met up we saw a need for a community in which our husbands could come together and share, and connect with other pastors and ministers. I had seen this same need on a few occasions when my husband was able to get together with other ministers......So here it goes......Blended Souls main mission will still be to bring together pastor and ministry wives. But we also want to provide a community for pastor and ministry couples to come together (unite), to network (share) and partner together in our perspective communities. This statement hasn't changed much from my original statement....the only difference is that we have added the word couples. We will continue to have a private page for our pastor and ministry wives to come together to pray for one another, connect with each other and discuss issues of concern. But God has placed on my heart the importance of providing a place for husband and wives who are in ministry together to gather with others in ministry (say it with me) to unite, network and partner together (lol)!

Over the coming month our team will be working on ways to move this vision from paper to print. Please pray for us and with us as we seek to do God's will. We will be holding a Meet-Up in June in Kansas to promote the ministry. If you and your spouse are interested in being a part of this ministry please let us know by emailing us at blendedsoulsnetwork (@) gmail (.) com . As soon as we have worked out the details we will post additional info. We also want couples to connect locally so as soon as a host church has been located we will hold our first local gathering in the Hamptonroads area. Our hope is that one day there will be Blended Soul gatherings across the USA, Canada, Belize, Mexico and beyond. I am excited at the possibilities of this ministry and I look forward to meeting many of you in the future. If you would like to connect with this ministry you can follow us on twitter and facebook .

No comments:

Post a Comment