A network of Pastors and Ministry Couples. Blended Souls is a gathering of "sista's" and "brotha's", from various Christian denominations, ages, economic and ethnic backgrounds. Our goal is to purposefully make an impact for change in the world by promoting unity, opportunities for ministry couples to network, and exchange ideas so that our churches can partner together within our communities. We strive to reach out to women and men from every tongue, tribe and nation!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Let's Get Together!!!!!





This weekend my family and I attended an annual community picnic in my hometown of Gloucester, VA hosted by several churches in the Ware Neck area of Gloucester County.  

This includes my family's church, Union Zion Baptist Church, Buelah Baptist Church, and Singleton United Methodist Church. 

The pastors of these churches all belong to the Gloucester Ministerial Association, which is non denominal organization comprised of various church leaders in the community. 




In the four years that the three churches have met for fellowship they have held the annual picnic, conducted a unity service, and this weekend even sponsored a 5k Walk to raise money for the Gloucester/Mathews Free Clinic. 

Pastor Cohick from Beulah Baptist and Pastor Dickerson from Union Zion have even switched pulpits on Sunday morning to demonstrate their committment to unity within their community and the church! 

Although the turn out this year was smaller than usual (probably do to the fact that it was Mother's Day weekend) I'm very proud of my hometown, especially my home church for being so open to partnering with other churches in their community.



The theme for this years walk was "Connecting Our Community Together Thru Faith and Fellowship". I don't know about you but I get goose bumps when I see God's people not just living, & working with one another...but showing genuine "L-O-V-E for one another. How can we as a community of believers get together; not so that we can shine, but so that the LOVE of Christ that is in us can S-H-I-N-E ?

 


2 Chronicles 7:14

 14if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face,

and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal

their land.

1 comment:

  1. I totally love seeing churches fellowshiping together!!

    ReplyDelete